Designing for Healthcare
HaloGUARDTM Protective Disc with CHG (Chlorhexidine Gluconate) has demonstrated in-vitro antimicrobial efficacy against a broad range of organisms known to cause Catheter Related Blood Stream Infections (CRBSI's).
Blood stream infections associated with IV catheters and similar are a common cause of death in US hospitals. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has recommended the use of 0.5% Chlorhexidine Gluconate on skin at the catheter exit site for the prevention of catheter-related blood stream infections.
HaloGUARDTM is a sterile, single-use disposable disc infused with the antimicrobial agent chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG) to reduce contamination of the dressing by inhibiting microbial growth and colonization of the dressing.
HaloGUARDTM is intended to cover and protect insertion sites on adult patients. Common applications include IV catheters, central venous lines, suction catheters, epidural catheters, PICCs, hemodialysis catheters, orthopedic pins, other intravascular catheters and percutaneous devices. HaloGUARDTM prevents contamination of the dressing by inhibiting microbial growth and colonization of the dressing.
HaloGUARDTM has undergone applicable in vitro, biocompatibility, sterility, and performance testing for safety and effectiveness.
Same Functionality as the Competition
We asked clinical professionals how to improve discs currently used for this.
HaloGUARDTM was designed on the basis of the feedback:
- Beveled edges to reduce potential for catheter kinking and securement
- Softer material to reduce skin irritation/abrasion
- Higher absorbency of foam (38% higher than market-leading product)
- Performed tests of In-Vitro Cytotoxicity, irritation and skin sensitization, and chemical characterization
- Better in-vivo wound healing results (by day 21, HaloGUARDTM compared to BioPatch showed a 63% reduction in observed signs of infection; a 15% smaller wound circumference; 20% less eschar formation and 50% greater re-epithelialization)
HaloGUARDTM Protective Disc with CHG (Chlorhexidine Gluconate) has demonstrated in-vitro antimicrobial efficacy against a broad range of organisms known to cause Catheter Related Blood Stream Infections (CRBSI's)
....with better features
Summary of ISO 10993 Biocompatabilty Testing and Wound Healing Studies for HaloGUARDTM vs. BioPatch
call us directly at 1-888-828-6286.
|Product Code||Product Description||Units/carton||Cartons/Case|
|Hg00751510||Protective Disc with CHG,
¾ inch disc, 1.5 mm hole
|Hg01710||Protective Disc with CHG,
1 inch disc, 7mm hole
|Hg01410||Protective Disc with CHG,
1 inch disc, 4mm hole